Monday 17 March 2008

City of London: Fuzzy's Grub

Fuzzy's Grub with several locations in London offers lovers of roasts the best bang for your buck. You can get a sandwich from Fuzzy's or Grubbies as I prefer to call them (that's not a critique of their cleanliness it's just me) but why would you?

The real reason to come here is the Roast Lunch Boxes. You can choose from beef, chicken, pork or turkey. Personally I'm a fan of a good turkey roast. What will you get with your meat? Carrots, peas, Yorkshire pudding, roast potato (or mash), cranberry sauce and gravy. I've been told the mash potato is better and that's quite possible as the roast potatoes are usually dry but for me a roast just isn't a roast without roast potatoes. The gravy helps too, although the gravy tubs are a bit small.

The staff will generally add a bit more if you ask and all of this food gets crammed into these mid size boxes for the affordable price of £5.50. A bargain compared to the cost of many other take away boxes. The substantial weight of the boxes should allay any fears that you're not getting you moneys worth.

My coworkers and I will occasionally go to Grubbies and even the big eaters amongst us (myself included) find it a struggle to finish but finish we do and we are normally well satisfied. You could have Grubbies every day but I think it works best - like a good Sunday roast - as an occasional meal with anticipation heightening the experience.

Generally, you'll receive fast and efficient service as the staff bustle the line in and out of the store. None of the Fuzzy's I've been to have included seating so you'll have to make your way back to a park, canteen or at your desk. In the latter case the smell of a good roast may make your co-workers salivate and/or hate you!

Generally I've found the food to be reasonable, filling and very good value for money.

Unless you're a vegetarian, in which case, skip it.

No comments: